Parents and family members interested in becoming a Parent Ambassador are invited to complete an application, which will be available on-line in early January.
APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED
Catch us at the 2017 Parents and Families Weekend for information about next year's recruitment.
Parent Ambassadors (PAs) at University Park support the work of the Penn State Parents Council and Parents Program. Parent Ambassadors serve as representatives for a number of university events and programs for new and continuing students, parents and families. Ambassadors enhance university outreach efforts by sharing their time and unique perspectives as current Penn State family members. Ambassador opportunities include:
- Admissions Events (locally and regionally)
- Alumni Association Events (locally and regionally)
- Parents Program Events at University Park
- To enhance communication between parents and family and the University
- To provide a positive Penn State experience for parents and family of undergraduate students
- To assist in disseminating information to parents and family at various University events
- To encourage involvement and participation from parents and family that reflect Penn State’s diverse undergraduate student population
Ambassador Benefits Include:
- Maintaining involvement in your student’s education, which can be beneficial to students, families and the University as a whole
- Becoming more knowledgeable about University resources and programs that support student transition, learning and engagement
- Implementing parent and family outreach initiatives developed by the Parents Council and Parents Program
- Networking with other Penn State parents and family members
If you would like more information about the Parent Ambassador Program, please contact: 814-863-1313 or firstname.lastname@example.org.