Parent to Parent Blog

Parents & Families Guide

View the Parent & Families Guide Now
Parents and families of Penn State collage

Parents of New Students

The Parents Program strives to assist parents and family members of all new students.

Additional resources to assist your student's transition to Penn State:

Adult Learners:

Our office of Adult Learner Programs & Services (ALPS) is committed to assisting adult students in finding academic and personal success through their experiences at Penn State. To get started, please visit the “Things to Know” page on the ALPS website. For additional questions visit the ALPS Web site or call 814-863-7378.


The Office of Veterans Programs (OVPEE) at Penn State, University Park campus is organized as a comprehensive, direct service unit for veterans and Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) benefits recipients. The staff and students provide services in three major areas: Outreach, Certification, and General Counseling. For more information please visit their website or call (814) 863-0465.

Transfer Students:

Our transfer students may not be new to college, but we recognize that your students are new to the University Park community. We are here to assist this transition. Transfer students should look into both on-campus and off-campus housing options.

International Students:

Penn State’s University Office of Global Programs (UOGP) is available to assist international students with immigration regulations, academic requirements, and social and cultural activities that will help students become acclimated to life at Penn State and in the United States.

222 Boucke Building | 814.863.1313 | Contact The Penn State Parents Program